- April 27, 2022
- Posted by: user
- Category: Development
Businesses can’t afford to miss their presence on Google Play or the Apple App Store. As per the report on the mobile app market, the global market share of mobile was valued at USD 154.05 billion in 2019 and was forecasted to increase at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.5% annually from 2020 to 2027.
Companies and brands want to penetrate deeper into the current markets by launching highly intuitive and engaging mobile apps that can connect their business to users through portable devices at any time or location. With the increase in the use of variable devices and the number of mobile users, the mobile market in India and USA saw a drastic change with maximum growth.
But several small and medium-sized businesses are looking for optimal, budget-friendly solutions. Therefore, they opt for native app development services. This gave cross-platform mobile apps a reason to emerge as a vital and unrivalled choice for mobile app development on Android as well as iOS. Cross-platform app development is the future of online business and for business owners, they can easily be downloaded and used by people anywhere using any kind of smartphone.
Now let’s take a look at top cross-platform app development frameworks that will help app developers with code reusability, better ROI, easy maintenance, and shorter time to market.
Ionic is a cross-platform open-source framework created by Drifty Co’s Max Lynch, Ben Sperry, and Adam Bradley in 2013. It enables code structure changes. Apps built using this framework are extremely interactive and look and feel like native apps. As a result, Ionic is ideal for creating progressive web applications (PWA). 5.5.4, which was released on February 4, 2021, is the most recent version.
- It’s primarily used by development companies to create PWAs and native apps.
- It works perfectly on both the web and on mobile devices.
According to a Statista survey, 42% of developers world-over use Flutter for app development. Flutter, a great cross-platform app framework, was announced by Google in 2017. It’s a software development kit that makes it easier to quickly create Android and iOS apps. It’s also the most important and widely used approach for creating Google Fuschia apps.
Developers may use Flutter to create apps that operate reliably and dynamically across several platforms. It’s simple to grab and use, as well as to compile with other systems. Furthermore, because Flutter is quick to implement, the app development process will be quick and it will save time for cross-platform app developers.
- It does not require updating the UI contents manually.
- It has an inbuilt graphic engine.
- It is a perfect choice for developing Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
The Xamarin cross-platform app development frameworks are very different from the frameworks we’ve talked about thus far. It’s a simplified framework that uses C# and.Net instead of JS libraries and HTML to create programmes for Android, Windows, and iOS. It allows developers to reuse 90% of the code when creating apps for three different platforms.
- It supports a direct inclusion of Objective-C, Java and C++ libraries.
- It reduces the time and cost of mobile app development.
- It has a vast community of app developers.
- It allows code sharing across different platforms at a rate of 80%.
- It allows apps to use native features like the camera.
- Its instant previews allow for fast mobile app development times.
NativeScript is a free and open-source framework for creating mobile apps for Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android.
- It has a beautiful, accessible, and platform-native user interface.
- It provides developers with a comprehensive online library.
- It can tailor the user interface to particular devices and displays.
- It is compatible with a variety of third-party plugins and APIs. Also supports custom plugins.
- It helps in faster development process with a single codebase.
Cross-platform apps are popular because they reduce the need to create separate programmes for several platforms. A cross-platform app can run on a variety of devices and systems. A cross-platform framework is required to create this globally compatible software.
Which of the above mentioned cross-platform mobile app development frameworks is the best fit for you? The simple answer is that it depends on the functional requirements of the business and the app. Consulting a qualified and experienced cross-platform mobile app development company, on the other hand, can assist in making an informed decision.