Access to SQL Migration
- Security: is and Data Security is initial Microsoft access database is not a very good choice. It is a simple password protected file and does not have the same level of security as SQL server. SQL server offers on 128 bit encryption and storage in a remote location from the user and application
- Data integrity : access based databases require regular maintenance to maintain the data integrity. Data recovery processes are also not impressive. SQL server on the other hand has several tools and repair processes.
- Some data backups : a major drawback of access databases is that it cannot be backed up when data is changing and users are in it. This is a major problem as most databases continue to change 24 hours a day. In case of SQL server backup can be done at any time by using transactions.
- Logging and rollbacks : MS access does not have inherent feature is for tracking and a new user activity. Any such functionality would require custom programming and may not bring out optimal results. There is also no rollback facility. MS SQL it on the other hand can log user activity and allows for transaction drawbacks
- Network performance : File server databases like access pass the entire table over the network. This seriously hampers the network performance as the amount of data increases. MS SQL database passes only certain records that need to be processed. Hence the amount of data moving in the network is highly reduced.
- Scalability: access databases are tremendously constrained in size and also have problems with too many simultaneous users. If there is a lot of data, SQL server works much better. It supports more users and traffic and improves performance.
- Deployment and access : MS-Access databases can be used only if access is installed on the PC. This is a big hindrance with size and version problems. The biggest advantage of the MS SQL is that when integrated with a web based application, no deployment is required and anyone can access with a simple Internet connection.
Fails in web environment : It can be merely functional and the number of users are very low on the website. As the number of users increases, access databases fail to cope up as the have had designed for windows software.
|Our database design & development services|
Application database development
Custom MS SQL database development
Migration to MS SQL 2008 database
Website database design services
Web application database development